Blog Feeds

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Alison O’Connor and professional deceit

offsite link Educating Marian Finucane Anthony

offsite link Denis O’Brien: Are the sharks closing in? Anthony

offsite link Kathy Sheridan: Afraid to speak truth to power? Anthony

offsite link Una Mullally: The youth of Ireland are on the march Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link Munich Conference Showed That America Is Losing Ground Tue Feb 19, 2019 02:08 | Scott
by Ruslan Ostashko Translated by Scott and captioned by Leo.   The annual Security Conference, traditionally hosted by Germany in Munich, this time was not attended by neither the leader

offsite link Nasrallah on ?real reason? why US continues ?40 years of war on Iran? ? English Subs Mon Feb 18, 2019 01:11 | The Saker
Note by the Saker: Middle East Observer (MEO) is now also uploading video content on its new channel on the DailyMotion.com, partly due to YouTube?s increasing intolerance for alternative viewpoints

offsite link The Alternative Skripal Narrative Mon Feb 18, 2019 00:45 | The Saker
by Michael Antony for The Saker Blog The recent titbit fed to us by Bellingcat (reputedly close to MI6) that a third Russian agent was booked on the flight from

offsite link US elites remain incapable of understanding China Mon Feb 18, 2019 00:40 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar (cross-posted with the Asia Times by special agreement with the author) A new report on US policy toward China launched by the Asia Society in New York

offsite link Moveable Feast Cafe 2019/02/17 ? Open Thread Sun Feb 17, 2019 02:30 | Herb Swanson
2019/02/17 02:30:03Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of

The Saker >>

Human Rights in Ireland
A Blog About Human Rights

offsite link Storms and Winter Damage To Homes Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 | Human Rights

offsite link Human Rights Body In Africa Must Set A Better Example Wed Nov 14, 2018 16:13 | Human Rights

offsite link 112 Pro-Biafra Imo Women Arrested Sat Aug 25, 2018 16:30 | Human Rights

offsite link Traveller Community in Galway Fri Aug 03, 2018 16:28 | Human Rights

offsite link US Withdraw From UN Human Rights Council Thu Jul 19, 2018 16:32 | Human Rights

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link BLP split: 7 MPs to sit as ?Independent group? 11:34 Mon Feb 18, 2019 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Sign of the times? 11:19 Mon Feb 18, 2019 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link How can one prepare? 08:00 Mon Feb 18, 2019 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Irish Left Archive: What?s Mined is Ours! The Case for the Retention and Development of Irish Minera... 02:03 Mon Feb 18, 2019 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Stupid statements from this weekend and the week? 12:41 Sun Feb 17, 2019 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Minutes for Mar 10th 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for Mon 10th March 2008 and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Attendees: 4 people attended
Time 7:45pm to 9:45pm in the IFI

Agenda
1) IP Bans
2) Indy Leaflet for Bookfair on Sat 15th Mar
3) Reporters Forum
4) Torrents
5) AOB

1a) Discussion around IP bans and how effective they are.
1b) IP monitor -number of entries limited. Can it be made time dependent? Not easily.
Action:
a) To increase storage buffer size.

2) Action for leaflet from last meeting is not done. At this stage the leaflet is unlikely to be done.
Action:
To send an email to general list to request for someone to finish leaflet. If this can be done someone should be able to print them and Ant will volunteer to distribute at bookfair.

3) Paula posted email about getting a reports group meeting going again. General discussion about this and how to revive.
Actions
a) Need an info page about films on Indy and what we can do and can't do and why.
b) Need to reorganise the publish page. Maybe hide some fields such as telephone and organisation and make these dropdown lists instead. Mandatory fields need to be made more obvious.
c) Need to add more help pages and links to existing ones. Perhaps as razor wire or banner. Action is to do up templates, examples. E.g. "What you need to know to publish on Indymedia page". General discussion and draft at meeting.

4) Discussion about proposal for a meeting for reporters and the need to have a techie present to confirm what Indymedia Oscailt software can do or can't to help facilitate the needs.
Actions:
a) Need to create About page for Images and Stories covering Copyleft and related issues.

5) AOB -General discussions on site usability
Actions:
a) Investigate if click-rate on featurised images is possible to see how much they are used for leading viewers into stories.

© 2001-2019 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy