Upcoming Events

no events match your query!

User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

Irish Left Review
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left

offsite link New Books Worth Reading Mon Sep 19, 2016 23:25 | Seán Sheehan

offsite link 13 Billion ? Lucky for some? Mon Sep 05, 2016 13:04 | Tony Phillips

offsite link Rebuilding Ireland: Long on Promise, Short on Detail Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:20 | Eoin O'Mahony

offsite link Brexit and Other Issues: Comments on the Current Situation Mon Aug 29, 2016 21:52 | Brendan Young

offsite link Bin Charges: From Private Circus to Public Service Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 | Michael Taft

Irish Left Review >>

Spirit of Contradiction

offsite link What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith

offsite link The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith

offsite link Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh

offsite link Fake News: The Epistemology of Media Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason

offsite link Officials and Provisionals Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:54 | James O'Brien

Spirit of Contradiction >>

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Orwell’s 1984 arrives in 2018 Ireland

offsite link Elaine Byrne: Not speaking full truth to power Anthony

offsite link Israel/Ireland: Corruption comparison Anthony

offsite link Irish cowboy town and fake regulatory agencies Anthony

offsite link Elaine Byrne: Failing to join up the dots on state corruption Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link May 23, 2018 Biggest ISIS Attack Near Palmyra In Past Few Months Wed May 23, 2018 21:03 | Scott
https://southfront.org/syrian-war-rep... On May 22, ISIS attacked positions of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) near the T3 pumping station, near the city of Palmyra, in the province of Homs. The attack

offsite link Will the Russian-Iranian-Syrian alliance hold as the Syrian war draws close to an end? Wed May 23, 2018 10:00 | The Saker
By Aram Mirzaei for The Saker Blog These past weeks have witnessed a lot of tensions running high, with Israel and Iran reportedly facing off near the Golan Heights. Israel

offsite link May 22, 2018 Damascus Is Secured, Daraa Is Next Tue May 22, 2018 22:02 | Scott
https://southfront.org/syrian-war-rep... Late on May 21, Russian air defense systems, allegedly a Pantsir-S short to medium range system, launched at least four missiles at ?unidentified? targets over the Khmeimim air base

offsite link One Year On ? The Truth About The Manchester Bombing Scorpion Tue May 22, 2018 19:43 | The Saker
by Nick for The Saker Blog ?Terrorism is like a scorpion; it can unexpectedly sting you at any time?. Among the Western nations to discover the bitter truth of Bashar

offsite link Tehran eyes path ahead after US withdrawal from nuclear pact Tue May 22, 2018 17:05 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar (cross-posted with the Asia Times by special agreement with the author) Iran is considering conducting all trade in euro and yuan amid uncertainty over whether Brussels can

The Saker >>

Minutes for Oct 20th 2007

This meeting took place on Saturday, 20th of October 2007. Note: This page has still be to properly formatted.
Agenda was:

1) Recent Resignations
General discussion over problems and perspectives took place

* Proposal regarding blog section put forward. It was agreed in principle to look at setting up a selected feed of blogs with compatible principles. Exactly how this will be incorporated into site will be decided when we have done more work on the idea and have seen if there is any interest amongst bloggers. Chekov will try to come up with a preliminary list of bloggers to invite and will attempt to see if there is any interest.

2) Discussion of "other press" category
* Proposal to loosen restrictions on other press type and not to require summaries defeated
* Counter-proposal to tighten restrictions and ensure that they are properly followed unanimously agreed.

3) Outreach
* Unanimously agreed to carry out outreach project involving the circulation of leaflets with information promoting indymedia prepared by Reddy.
* Project will target NGOs, with particular focus on women's groups.
* Anthony will coordinate writing of the text to fill the leaflet
* Mark volunteered to coordinate distribution list
* It was also noted that we need new editors and writers.
* It was agreed that we should hold an event, hopefully for the release of eamonn crudden's new film, including a feature and article writing workshop. (padraig agreed to contact eamonn, seomra spraoi and william H. regarding this).
* Also agreed to hold a day-long event in and around next february to promote indymedia and to raise money. Chekov will coordinate.

4) IP Moniter
* Use of the IP monitor was discussed and the following protocal was agreed: - any moderator can turn it on when they deem it necessary, but they must indicate a reason for the banning (the reason will appear in the edit log and the editor message page). - Any moderator can ban somebody for any length of time, but they must mail the list to indicate the reason for their action and justify the length of the ban. - A proper, worked out schedule for this stuff can be derived from practice. - terry will implemenet the necessary code-changes

5) Video.indymedia.ie
* Ant proposed running an experimental video-uploading site - agreed by all, but we will need to see how it works before there is any integration with current site
* Terry will investigate safe ways of allowing users to embed youtube videos.

6) Finances
* roughly 2,000 in bank - will see us through till next spring in hosting
* chekov will try to re-invigorate "friends of indymedia" idea for february conference.

7) List Administration
* Terry to take over from ant as main list admin, ant will help out with some moderation
* need more volunteers

8) New style front page
* Reddy's proposal for a new style front page (a la NYC) was agreed in principal, but we need to see mock ups and an actual design before we can decide anything.

9) Items put off until next meeting
* site enhancements

Next Meeting: November 14th, 7.30pm, Grehans.

© 2001-2018 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy