Blog Feeds

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link November 13, 2018: Gaza Is On Edge Of Israeli Ground Invasion Tue Nov 13, 2018 16:32 | Scott
https://southfront.org/gaza... The Gaza Strip is on the brink of a large-scale Israeli military intervention. The current round of escalation started on November 11 when a covert unit of the Israeli

offsite link Israel to Police European Coastlines ? Protecting the Continent from Refugees? Tue Nov 13, 2018 00:49 | The Saker
by Peter Koenig for The Saker Blog This sounds like a bad joke. It ain?t. Its real. One fascist government helps another fascist government. Yes, I have written about fascism

offsite link Saudi plan to assassinate General Soleimani, NY Times reveals Mon Nov 12, 2018 20:00 | The Saker
Press TV reports: Saudi Major General Ahmed al-Assiri, who has allegedly been fired over the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, took part at a meeting in Riyadh in 2017 that involved

offsite link Souvenirs de Villingen Mon Nov 12, 2018 19:36 | The Saker
Jazz music is often famous for featuring amazing improvisations and that is absolutely fair: Jazz did re-vitalize the art of improvisation which almost disappeared with the end of the Baroque

offsite link The Meaning of a Multipolar World Mon Nov 12, 2018 19:03 | The Saker
by Eric Zuesse for The Saker Blog Right now, we live in a monopolar world. Here is how U.S. President Barack Obama proudly, even imperially, described it when delivering the

The Saker >>

Human Rights in Ireland
A Blog About Human Rights

offsite link 112 Pro-Biafra Imo Women Arrested Sat Aug 25, 2018 16:30 | Human Rights

offsite link Traveller Community in Galway Fri Aug 03, 2018 16:28 | Human Rights

offsite link US Withdraw From UN Human Rights Council Thu Jul 19, 2018 16:32 | Human Rights

offsite link Maldives Remain UK Priority Thu Jul 19, 2018 16:31 | Human Rights

offsite link Yemen Conflict Wed Jul 18, 2018 16:38 | Human Rights

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Peace in our time? 20:41 Tue Nov 13, 2018 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Speaking of the Union? 11:53 Tue Nov 13, 2018 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link A very particular form of delusion: Empire 2.0 09:30 Tue Nov 13, 2018 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Very bad history? 06:32 Tue Nov 13, 2018 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Sunday? 10:48 Mon Nov 12, 2018 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Dublin Opinion
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

offsite link Some Thoughts on the Brexit Joint Report 11:50 Sat Dec 09, 2017

offsite link IRISH COMMONWEALTH: TRADE UNIONS AND CIVIL SOCIETY IN THE 21ST CENTURY 14:06 Sat Nov 18, 2017

offsite link Notes for a Book on Money and the Irish State - The Marshall Aid Program 15:10 Sat Apr 02, 2016

offsite link The Financial Crisis:What Have We Learnt? 19:58 Sat Aug 29, 2015

offsite link Money in 35,000 Words or Less 21:34 Sat Aug 22, 2015

Dublin Opinion >>

Minutes for Feb 2nd 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for 2nd Feb and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Attendees: 4 people attended
Time: 12:30pm to 1:15:pm

Agenda:
1) Hosting of more torrent files/films
2) Videos Disabled
3) Open Day
4) Recruits/Features.

1) Discussion: About need to upload more films for torrent format.
Action
a) Ant to to write page about how to upload torrent file and what to do.

2) Videos are disabled because we don't have enough bandwidth. Existing bandwidth is around 10Mb/s and we already use 50%.
Action
a) To write up a page describing how and where to upload videos and link to them. i.e. to archive.org

3) Open Day: Discussion around this really ended up about having a stall on the Anarchist book fair on Mar 15th and maybe having a open meeting to tell people about how to get involved. The aims agreed were to try and get the Outreach leaflet ready for it.
Actions:
a) Ant will take to Eamon C about getting CDs for Route Irish film, having a stall and maybe showing a film.
b) Chkov to get the Outreach PDF from Reddy and to edit it for the text and images as part of preparation.
c) Mark, to make up pamphelets of existing recent good stories for distribution at the stall. d) Mark to follow up investigating if we can get Indymedia T-shirts, and associated costs etc.
e) Action to write up a story on Indy, requesting designs / help for T-Shirts.

4) Recruits/ Features.
Some discussion about recruitment of new moderators and how to get people interested, particularly in joining the email lists. It was suggested we need to document our decisions on the Indy static pages to help people speed up the learning process about the in and outs of Indymedia and thus enable them to get involved, understand the process, and contribute. There was also some discussion about emphasing to readers that Indy does not endorse everything that is written on the site. And some consideration to be given to writing features that fall on the criticism side.
Action:
a) Ant volunteered to try and get one feature out at the end of every week.

Next meeting to be on Sat, March 1st 2008
Agenda will be focused on Indy stall at bookfair on March 15th

© 2001-2018 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy