People Are Flocking to South Dakota Thu Jan 21, 2021 18:12 | Field Empty
Study: Lockdowns Caused 15 Thousand Deat... Thu Jan 21, 2021 17:24 | Ethan Yang
European Central Bank Takes Bond Market ... Thu Jan 21, 2021 17:06 | Schiff Gold
Class Warfare: Pupils in Anchorage Will ... Thu Jan 21, 2021 14:13 | Suzanne Downing
Will the Mediaâ€™s Biden Sycophancy Ever... Thu Jan 21, 2021 13:25 | Spiked
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
The Defense of Mr. Trump Thu Jan 21, 2021 22:37 | amarynth
By Sushi for the Saker Blog The header picture shows the rotunda dome of the People’s House as first seen by me in a video captured on 1/6. I had
The Making of US Empire at the dawning of its end Thu Jan 21, 2021 16:07 | amarynth
by Pepe Escobar posted with permission and first posted at Asia Times As the Exceptional Empire gets ready to brave a destructive ? and self-destructive ? new cycle, with dire,
Which nation will US Democrats try to destroy in the next 4 years? Thu Jan 21, 2021 02:42 | amarynth
by Ramin Mazaheri (@RaminMazaheri2) and cross-posted with PressTV John Kennedy?s ?Camelot? was a magical time for US leftists. Too bad its promise was not fully realised – his attempted armed
Zone B exists, thus there is hope, I promise you! Thu Jan 21, 2021 00:08 | The Saker
[this column was written for the Unz Review] Dear friends, Today it appears that the triumph of our adversaries is total. I want to post this column saying that I
Hacking the human mind Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:31 | amarynth
The One and Only Significant Story About WHATSAPP’s Privacy Debate By Amir NOUR for the Saker Blog ?It?s only hubris if I fail? (Gaius Julius Caesar) Two years ago, almost
The Saker >>
A Blog About Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Turkish President Calls On Greece To Comply With Human Rights on Syrian Refugee Issues Wed Mar 04, 2020 17:58 | Human Rights
US Holds China To Account For Human Rights Violations Sun Oct 13, 2019 19:12 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
The Party and the Ballot Box Sun Jul 14, 2019 22:24 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
On The Decline and Fall of The American Empire and Socialism Sat Jan 26, 2019 01:52 | S. Duncan
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Spirit of Contradiction >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th