The Taliban Will Never Be Defeated â€” Y... Thu Mar 04, 2021 13:36 | Mike Martin
US Marines Commandant Wants to Dump All ... Wed Mar 03, 2021 20:57 | Paul McLeary
Cuomo Wins Al-Qaedaâ€™s â€˜Jihadi of the... Wed Mar 03, 2021 15:15 | Rafi Metz
Facing MBS Questions Washington Suddenly... Wed Mar 03, 2021 14:38 | Dave DeCamp
Previously Unreleased Footage of Iranian... Wed Mar 03, 2021 13:27 | Colonel Cassad
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
No Sheep Is Safe In Syria: Israel And ISIS Against The Herders Thu Mar 04, 2021 18:13 | amarynth
South Front On February 26th, The Biden Administration carried out its first strike on Iranian-backed groups and then praised the success, so far unseen, of its attack. A response from
Biden becomes the fourth successive President to bomb Iraqis: how far could this latest round of esc... Thu Mar 04, 2021 13:01 | amarynth
By Aram Mirzaei for the Saker blog Another president, another act of aggression. For the past few decades, it’s almost like a mandatory rite of passage for US presidents to
The Bamiyan Buddhas: an Afghan tale Wed Mar 03, 2021 17:26 | amarynth
by Pepe Escobar with permission and first posted at Asia Times In the beginning, they were the Bamiyan Buddhas: the Western Buddha statue, 55 meters high, and the Eastern, 38
Sitrep: Eradicating absolute poverty in China Wed Mar 03, 2021 16:07 | amarynth
By Godfree Roberts ? selected from his extensive weekly newsletter : Here Comes China plus editorial notes. You can get it here: https://www.herecomeschina.... The Biggest News Xi declares ‘complete victory’
Leaked: Smith College memo demands workers admit White privilege Wed Mar 03, 2021 01:04 | amarynth
by Ramin Mazaheri for the Saker Blog As a daily reporter, columnist and author it seems I have developed a reputation for unparalleled bravery in exposing truths which the 1%
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Mainstream media: Failing to speak truth to power
David Quinn’s selective tolerance Anthony
A Woulfe in judges clothing Anthony
Sarah McInerney and political impartiality Anthony
Did RTE journalists collude against Sinn Fein? Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Turkish President Calls On Greece To Comply With Human Rights on Syrian Refugee Issues Wed Mar 04, 2020 17:58 | Human Rights
US Holds China To Account For Human Rights Violations Sun Oct 13, 2019 19:12 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th